View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #77
darkalley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
The interior has a ton of parts taken from Chrysler, which a few people have mentioned. Its the same Uconnect/touchscreen nav setup as in my dad's new 14' cherokee summit. In fact, a lot of the parts in the car are similar. It's not "super tacky" but it definitely doesn't have the fit and finish of its true maserati brethren.

I drove one in December, its really nice to be behind the wheel of and the exhaust sounds AMAZING. Way better than any of the videos I've seen of the m3/m4 so far.

This video is way too long but just listen to the revs at the beginning, its pure sex. . .
Let's take the "enthusiast" out of the equation and let me ask you what you think is more of a complaint or concern of the average luxury car buyer- 1--- The Maserati Ghibli having the same, user friendly NAV as a Dodge Dart or the same Window Controls as a Chrysler 300 (keep in mind the Ferrari California shared the infotainment system with a Chrysler Minivan!)

OR

2--- The 3 and 5 Series are almost indistinguishable from each other inside and out, the C-Class looks like a "mini S-Class" or Audi's entire product line looks the same just in different sizes?

What's the bigger concern of most people looking for exclusivity when buying a premium car? The interior parts bin/ platform sharing OR the exterior package?