Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TiAg335i View Post
Sorry guys, but i'd like to revive this thread.

My M4 is basically FBO (minus a midpipe). I don't love the AA EL as i personally like the sound of the S55. I really want to hear more of the turbo sound via exhaust (my N55 e92 just had catless downpipes and you could REALLY hear the turbo in the exhaust sound).

I do love the AA single midpipe, but have 2 concerns 1) the single pipe is actually smaller than the 2 OEM pipes and 2) drone as it eliminates everything until you get to the muffler.

With this, i found the fabspeed midpipes. I really like this dual setup, but the fitment portion is scaring me. Should i not buy these due to the fitment? Is the drone that bad with flap CLOSED?

I don't daily the m4, but i'd like to be able to go on long cross-state drives on the interstate and hear no drone with the flap closed.

Can you guys chime in?

If you're considering the Fabspeed mid...seriously, please consider finding a local fabricator/muffler shop. Deleting the secondaries and replacing with an X pipe is a $300 job at most. And it would cost less than $200 to revert back to stock if you ever wanted to, and you'd still be ahead.

Personally, I liked the Magnaflow 14156 mod a lot. Much louder than stock with less drone with valves open. All in, $350 with labor.
What is this mod? The picture i have here? Or just chopping the secondary cats?
Attached Images