12-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #139
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I find your line of reasoning very puzzling here. If you want to talk about CARS no they just are not close. If you want to include the effects of drivers of completely unknown skills, as well as unknown mods, you can find videos showing about anything you want from a full spectrum of results. You can find a Civic besting a Ferrari I bet on youtube.... Although not perfect and unable to match a wide spectrum of results with just a single result, simulation provides the most apples to apples comparison possible. 20 car lengths to 150 mph, as well as any other metric chosen from the simulations shows a serious beat down by the E92 M3, completely consistent with known power to weight ratios.
The E46 24,5 sec 0-1000m MT 6 time was from the Geneva BMW press info. How much faster is the E9x with MT 6 according to official spec?

And how many races are won on the PC with software simulation? Do you really tell people after a close race that "on my simulation programme my car beat yours by a much larger margin". I agree that races have variables such as driver etc. But just a quick search on YouTube came up with the videos I posted. Strange that in every video the driver "problems" was in the E9x cars???

Yes, the E9x is faster, we all agree on that. But by how much?

Last edited by Boss330; 12-22-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0