View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #17
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

You have to stop and think about what are the things that you love about your F80 and what are the things you don't like about it.

Sometimes what makes you happy about a car doesn't always mean its faster or the one that is the most practical, or the most expensive etc...

For myself i've had bigger cars (F10 550i), faster cars (F85 X5M), practical cars (F10 535xi) all within the last 5 years because of my growing family so i've sorta of "been there, done that". After living with my 18 F80 Comp 6MT for the last 8 months I can clearly say that I love this car more than the rest by a large margin. Why? It excites me when i drive it even if its going to the supermarket 15min away. I love the way it looks from all angles. After i park the car i tend to look back several times just to admire the beauty of it. Its ironically also the least expensive car out of the last couple of BMW's I've had. After i get out from a long drive my palms slightly sweaty because its exhilarating to drive and feels like an event when I get behind the wheel. My other cars in the past had bits and pieces of these things but none of them had them all like the M3 has for me. Its not the fastest, not the most luxurious, not the most practical, not the most expensive but it is the car I look forward to driving the most.

While cars like the M550, X5M, M5 etc... might be faster, they might not excite you during your drives and over time you'll just end up wanting something else. That is the reason why I switch out so many cars within a short period of time. Just something to think about...

Alan