06-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
StormHunter
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4, 2019 BMW X5 40i

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
If you plan to track a fair bit, stay away from the CCB, they are cost prohibitive for track use.

Further, EDC makes for an excellent compromise on a dual use car. My M4 is my 4-season daily driver and I also use it for 16~20 track days per year. The Comfort and Sport settings a perfect for the street while the Sport+ setting takes car of track duty decently well. IMO, EDC accentuates and complements the dual nature of the M3/4 very well.
I test drove the yellow car (in a parking lot unfortunately) and also test drove an m4 cabriolet which has the adaptive suspension and the standard brakes. On romanian roads both sucked pretty bad in the comfort departament. I will mainly use the car in holland and germany which have better roads but i did like that i had the option to choose on the cabrio. On the flip side i talked to my dealer and the yellow car is way easier to source that the orange one + i will get a bit better of a deal since the have the car in stock. But another option arised which is a bit off topic. They just got an m2 on stock which obviously is a better deal that both m4 s but the question that pops into mind is about practicality vs track capabilities
Appreciate 0