Quote:
Originally Posted by From5toM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
CS Style Front Lip

Vehicle: F80 M3
Part: CS Style Front Lip
Brand: Spec-M
Link, eBay seller, item number: https://www.ebay.com/itm/11377357773....N36.S1.R1.TR1

Fitment 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being OEM and expected perfect) The end of the lip on the drivers side just stuck a hair down compared to passenger that was flush to bumper. (It might be a combo of 5 year old bumper and maybe a little fitment of the lip?, however I cant see it once mounted and standing next to the car. The center of the lip was nice and flush across the whole front. The 2 winglets were flush and the ends of bumper was nice and flush besides the edge as stated above. Was very impressed at how well it fit.

Quality 1-10(best), 8 out of 10 (10 being oem and expected perfect) I had like 2 small areas that has some weave blemish, however being a front lip and I honestly expect a front lip to be something that most likely will be damaged so I didn't really mind the 2 small blemishes, However I had to "look" to find them with the part right in front of my face.

Item price: $499 USD (Also has make offer button) (Also had $20 off $200 by vendor, when making this post)
Shipping Price: Free Shipping
Item Location: CA

Screws - Not Provided
3M Tape - Provided

The lip did not come with the holes drilled but from the mold is was a nice little indent for where to drill. It uses 2 holes from the OEM locations (1 on each side) was main reason I also got this is because it had those over these other brands that is just a lip without mounting locations (at least shown from pictures). The lip has 11 points to screw onto the bumper (not including the 2 for OEM locations), it has 3 across the center, and 4 one each side.

I also want to note that this does take some time and effort to make it fit properly. I grew up in a garage / body shop so I have the background to make this fit really well. I didn't have to really do much outside of just taking my time and test fitting a few times and prepping the lip.

I think for the price this is an amazing lip, and if i destroy it I wont really feel that bad considering the price I paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisenwether View Post
No, I used 3 screws across the front. I didn't want to take the bumper off for brackets either. I'm able to firmly push on my lip and not move it so I'm confident with the screws.
I know this is an old post, but can you please share any other tips and pointers on this install? I have the exact same lip (just arrived today), and would like to purchase the right sized screws etc. Am thinking 1/4 x 1" self tapping? And where did you drill the holes? Did you have to remove/modify all the plastic undertrays? Did you have to still use 3M tape?

thanks
I used 3M tape to install this exact spoiler and only put it at the very ends and middle. Just to make it easy when using self tapping screws I got from Amazon (I got a multipack so any of them will work). I also drilled three small holes in the middle portion (since it's hallow) which allowed the middle part to be screwed into the bumper as well. All the other places where I drilled were kind of obvious but if you send me a pic of the underside of this lip, I can point them out. Attached are pics of where I mean when I say ends (it didn't 100% align, there's like a 3 mm offset on both sides as you can see).

Edit: lol pardon the pic as I installed it this weekend first thing in the morning and it was cold / didn't use gloves lotion haha.
Thank you. Yes I finished the install as well this weekend on all 3 pieces. They were all Spec M. I'd give the following ratings:

Quality: 8. Overall pretty good, only one or two small spots where maybe the clear coat was not perfect.
Fitment: 8. I wish they would have come predrilled with holes and maybe the fitment was off by a couple mm... but decent overall. The install itself was pretty straight forward for all 3.
Could I see more pics of the diffuser? Looks good
Thank you sir. I will take a few more pics later today or this weekend. I'm on holiday from work so I get some time to spend with Mileena... . I plan to do a lot detailing and some fun drives this weekend. I even have the GoPro ready to go.

BoxKing - because of you I just bought some side skirts... . Incoming potentially next week!!! Will keep y'all posted.

Last edited by From5toM; 11-22-2020 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
BoxKing293.00