United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplanner View Post
Awesome combination of drivers cars
Similar to u I hv a M3 comp as my daily and 991.2 manual GT3 as my weekend warrior.

On the note about lag in the M3, if u drive in all traction off mode, u will find the M3 is more pleasurable where throttle is very responsive with little to no lag. You just need to modulate the throttle with ur foot more intently...the engine is quite amazing for a turbo to offer such great responsiveness even at low rpm. Only other turbo engine aside the Porsche is the 488 that offers such responsiveness at all rpm range imho.

Porsche traction management is at another level compared to bimmers, as they r so unintrusive in isolation.
That's what I thought. The computer was limiting the CS to avoid traction issues. I didn't think of knocking it down to just MDM but might do that from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
I know the GTS is a little removed from the CS, but throttle in sport, traction control in MDM, transmission in sport+/manual is a pretty solid combination for driving around town. Throttle in sport+ if the majority of the driving is above 40mph. MDM keeps me from roasting the tires at a light, but you do have to modulate the throttle a bit in 1st through 3rd. I second the suggestion of picking up some Sport Cup 2s if you want more traction. I couldn't imagine trying to put down S55 torque through MPSS.
I definitely am considering this very soon! I have less than 1k miles left on the MPSS lol
So you guys think launching on cup twos is that much better than the super sports? My launch in an M3 CS usually results in a smoke show :
Appreciate 0