Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I'm okay with non-memory seats. There is a quite big weight difference between 4-way and 18-way sofas, whilst being mostly the same seats without extra motors and some extra adjustment on the 18-ways.

I've mentioned this in another thread, though; the fact that you have to pay extra $330 for power folding mirrors on a Taycan or $500 for front seat heaters on a $85k Cayenne S is frankly ridiculous. I know Germans are notorious for this, but it's gotten better in the last 10 years, yet Porsche is still really milking its customers (who are all eating it because what else to do) as they love profit margins more than common sense.

On the other hand, the polar opposite of having no optional equipment or just one or two equipment packages is also bad, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
That's because Porsche isn't a mainstream luxury brand like Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. They compete with the big boys and focuses on profit per unit instead of volume. I usually assume ~20% of base MSRP will be needed for options on any Porsche car.
I have the opposite view. I like the fact you can individually pick options like Porsche does it in North America. You get to spec your car exactly to your liking. In fact, from what I gather, BMW, Audi and MB also allow much more individual options in their home markets. It is the North American distributors that make many items standard or bunch them in "packages".
I like to select my options too, but Porsche is taking it too far with some stuff that really should've been standard in 2021.

Looking at BMW USA website, they make you pay extra 4k if you just want one of the options from the package because there's no other way, like adaptive LEDs or better audio.

Porsche's strategy is the same in America as in Germany, but Audi, BMW and MB offer options in packages mostly, which is different than in Germany and most of Europe.