01-22-2021, 04:02 AM   #2241
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I like to select my options too, but Porsche is taking it too far with some stuff that really should've been standard in 2021.

Looking at BMW USA website, they make you pay extra 4k if you just want one of the options from the package because there's no other way, like adaptive LEDs or better audio.

Porsche's strategy is the same in America as in Germany, but Audi, BMW and MB offer options in packages mostly, which is different than in Germany and most of Europe.
I agree with this although it is a bit of a love and hate kind of thing.

I love the fact that I can have the car exactly the way I want it. However, I despise the fact that Porsche charges you hardcore for it. A lot of stuff that should be options but not really, are at times, thing you don't really end up needing. It sounds odd but trust me, when you get into a car, half of the time unless you are using it all the time, you would forget about it. Not to mention, I believe Porsche has once again up the price on PTS cars. Those of you who don't know that lingo, it means paint to sample, Porsche's version of BMW Individual Program. Although, for whatever reason, unlike BMW, Porsche requires an actual allocation for it. Meaning, unlike BMW (which you can turn most open allocation orders into an individual order if accepted), Porsche requires an actual PTS allocation for it, then they have to accept it. Much more of a headache.

Porsche also does offer packages just not on certain cars. Most of the time, the packages can be are rather outrageous in price as well. For example, some packages that are offered on the Cayenne GTS/Turbo can cost you north of 30k in North America.

So, in conclusion, I do kind of agree with the selectness of Porsche and the way you can have the car built. It's just the fact that everyone knows they charge you up the wazoo for it, is a bit of a problem for some.

If I remember correctly, someone did post that Porsche's profit margin is one of the higher ones due to... well the options Though Andreas Preuninger mentioned some of their GT cars have the lowest profit margins but they don't seem to mind.
minn1914018.00