Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
DE champion ftw? Lol just kidding with you

I have dct in this m3 and will go 6mt again for my next car (f80 m3). IMO I like manuals with torquier cars and dct with higher revving cars. Dct is perfect for the e9x m3. The 1m for example is perfect with 6mt.

I'll also admit that I track my car and am not proficient at heel / toe downshifting. Specifically at high speed tracks in high speed braking zones. Dct makes that a lot more comfortable for me and easier for me to focus on my braking zone and turn in points.

With a torque rich turbo motor and auto matching downshifts for the track, manual for me.
Very good points. I really don't think you can go wrong either way. It just comes down to personal preference. I don't think I am that good of a driver, but what few autocross/track events I have done I was able to do a better job with a DCT. I think that just shows that I am again, not a very good driver. However, I loved the DSG in my S4 and loved the DCT in my E92 M3. It felt natural to order my M4 with this.

The comment about Porsche I heard when someone was interviewing an engineer about the new GT3 and only coming in PDK. It seems natural for a performance car to want to be the fastest it can possibly be, but I totally understand everyone's perspective about the manual being more gratifying and likely to not make as much of a difference with this motor vs the old high revving V8.

Appreciate 0