View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 02:28 AM   #53
AO08BAS
Private
Rep
Drives: TR G80 Comp

Update for anyone who is still following my thread and hopefully lessons to avoid this situation yourselves.

Insurance has now offered me a settlement figure almost at my remaining lease value. Might have to go back and forth a few times to get the actual value of the car but its not far off from what was left on the car. I would rather not have to go via GAP for such a small amount also the principle of the whole claim that I would expect them to pay me market value not mug me off since I put a large deposit down on the car only 8 months ago.

Police have kept me up to date with almost daily messages which has been surprising! They have told me they know the group that most likely had taken my car. Given me info on methods they use to steal cars and what they do with them. Apparently on the same night my car was taken they also took 2 other M3's within 20miles of my house.

They called yesterday to say they'd made an arrest and believe this was one of the people who stole my car. They found a pic on his phone of him trying to sell some power tools I had left in the car as well as what they believe was a pic of my car. My car was taken at 1:30am this pic was time stamped at 3:30am and they noted that the car was already stripped of its doors and side panels LOL.

Lastly I have asked the police how can I stop these scumbags stealing my next car and sadly it seems they are soo advanced now that its very hard to stop them. The police advised drilling a pedal security box into the car.

I was told things like Ghost Alarms can be bypassed by the latest devices thieves have and they have at least 3 methods to clone any key for a keyless car from a distance of 60meters. Also the signal blocking pouches are somewhat effective but not 100%

Hope my rather unfortunate story serves as a lesson for others especially in the UK and we secure our cars better going forwards.
Appreciate 6