Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce AaLee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevolution View Post
Yeah that seems weird. Why would the insurance company make a claim if no fix was ordered?

Also what do you mean it's going to go through the dealership? Are you saying the dealership will broker the transaction at the agreed upon price? Do they get a commission or markup out of it?
Basically at the end of the conversation with my insurance agent I received an email saying the claim process was started. I immediately called him back and told him I was just asking and I never instructed him to submit it. He appologized and said that once a claim has been started even if they cancel it unfortunately it will still be reported to carfax but there will be some notation that it was canceled.

At that point I was faced with two options. Option one was to take check, fix the car, and file for depreciated value with the insurance or take the check and sell the car at a discount.

In terms of the dealership, he's my cousin, I pay him a fee separately for processing the transaction. The only reason I mention it is because it's officially listed at his dealership but I'm posting the same car on the forum.
So your car didn't get fixed, you still have rock chips, and it's reported on your CARFAX?

If that's the case I would say

ARRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That's the type of BS story I have to make up when I tell my wife I'll be home at 12 but show up at 4am cracked out.
Appreciate 1
guess2098516.00