View Single Post
      07-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #58
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I think you made the right call. Its hard to go from an M3 over to an STi unless the finances requires it. The M3 isn't the perfect car but it checks off the most boxes for people that love to drive, have some luxury and needs to drive family around. The only real benefit of the STi over the M3 is AWD in the snow and aftermarket parts are cheap as hell. The second part is actually dangerous because you will be tempted to mod the crap out of it to the point you'll run into reliability issues quick. I've seen this happen to a lot of my old subie guy friends.

I've had a decent amount of cars in my lifetime all modded up and my F80 just make me go "dayam that looks good" on the inside every time I look at it even after a year later.

Alan
And if you want to mod an old style turbo car, instead of buying a new sube for $40k, get a 996 or 997 turbo for a bit more.

Yes parts are more expensive but Mezger is a super durable drivetrain and it has a weight distribution that will get power to the ground, and widebody to fit lots of tire (with hella dish for the rear wheels as a nice bonus)
Appreciate 0