JLS_397K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' BMW M5+16'M4 GTS - M2 SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bakken View Post
Good choice

I've got that on all front facing things (hood, bumper, quarter panels, a-pillars, and the non - stealth finish gloss XPEL on the splitter, mirror covers, roof and rear wing.

It's a very cool system, the pieces are cut exactly to fit. you have to look very closely to see them at an edge or corner of a given panel.

Previous owner did it, I probably would have done the whole car.

It changes the surface ever so slightly to more of a satin look, but You have really got to look close in the right conditions to see it even when the PPF and uncovered Frozen panels are right next to each other.

The PPF cleans up very easily and I have peace of mind if I mar it up, it's self healing in the sun, and at the worst I can always have it removed and redone.

This is the exact reason I did the whole car in a stealth PPF. Just like when the original car came to showroom, the rear wheel arches had the normal glossy film on matte finish, just that part and you could see how the difference in shine. By doing the whole wrap, the whole car has the more satin, pearlescent look.

Window is easily replaced when it chips, compared to paint matching.
Appreciate 0