03-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #65
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
If you're considering $600-$1200 solutions, I say just go for the full $1500 and never look back: http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP8000
True. But my problem with this is the height clearance. I don't think my garage ceiling has enough. But, yeah, great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I got the BMW specific pad, but it has the slot in the middle of it that allows it to be used on other cars. They took about two weeks to arrive so not bad. Shipping cost was reasonable as well.

It is getting close to the lift price, but for me that was a bit too much and I like the simplicity/portability of the Jackpoint stands. With these I can put everything I need for a track day in the trunk instead of needing somebody to follow me in my truck.

I think they have enough clearance for my purposes, but that is one issue with them. They are not adjustable and are the height they are.

I use the central jack point after I've gotten the car on the other two in the rear. It is also advisable to use the central point and take the car off the front stands first when getting it off of them.
Thanks for the info. Two weeks is not bad at all. I suspect they are made to order, which might be why they always show 'backordered'. And good point about just being able to throw them in trunk. With the portable lifts, I'm guessing you'd have to put them in a truck and tow your track car.
Appreciate 0