View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #18
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcampo View Post
I'm planning on getting the single AA pipe. Can't wait for the improved exhaust sound.

I feel the 991 is totally drivable daily. I did it most of the spring, summer and fall. However, we have 4 other cars at my house. Great space for two with fronk space and storage behind the seats. Plus, I could get a couple of my teenage sons in the back in a pinch. It sits a little low, but totally comfortable. Suspension is better than the M. I did have SPASM, sport chrono and PSE.

Although debated often, comparing an M3 and 911 is really not a fair comparison. Both great cars, just very different.
Yup, totally different cars for different use cases. I think people use them to gauge the performance chops of each brand (before we were hit with M6, M8s, etc), but you’re right, they are, at the end of the day, different cars for different uses. The M3 is a pretty good compromise for people needing 4 seats, but will never quite get the balance and agility of the 911, but then, that’s not its design intent.
Appreciate 0