View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #70
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras550 View Post
The federal credit will start phasing out on jan 1. So if you order today (or soon) and get delivery by Dec 31 (current delivery estimates are 2-4 months from order date), you get the full $ 7,500. If you take delivery between Jan 1 and June 30th of next year, you only get half of the credit.

If you want the full credit, I'd act fast :-)
Agreed.

Things got more complex for me after the test drive since it wasn't a slam dunk.

If the performance version was blazingly fast from a roll in addition to from a dig, and autopilot was closer to full level 5 autonomy I would have an order in already.

The fact I'm judging the car like any other performance daily driver is a win already but it's a tougher yard stick than just "cheap EV" that gets picked based on cost.

During the test drive loop "autopilot" on a 2 lane road suddenly give up and returned control to be abruptly in mid corner (road crested and fell away slightly to the right, and it was at an intersection so the lane markers were momentarily invisible). The sales person was just telling me about how I could check out for a few moments at a time and that would have been disasterous.

I know that autopilot is suppose to be a big selling point and I love the idea but I'm no longer fully convinced the tech is ready for prime... it's just good enough to lull you into a sense of complacency, which could end badly if you're on the wrong end of a "corner case" the software can't handle....
Appreciate 1