12-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #44
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes there is a strategy evolving for a new luxury SAV which will be called the X7 it will be the flagship of the BMW X line. By 2017 there will be a BMW X1 to X7 as SUVs in all segments are a license to print money.

It will not be the ultimate SAV. That honor will fall to the Rolls-Royce SUV.
The deliberation is ongoing whether to build the X7/RR in Spartanburg or alongside its basis car the 7er in Dingolfing.
The RR would be "finished" at Goodwood, England.

The next generation BMW X1 will be built in Leipzig with additional satellite production in the Netherlands with its MINI twin and the Brazil werks when it comes online.
NICE!!
It's funny how everyone tries to talk being green and act being green with buying hybrids and golf carts, but when it comes time to signing the papers, people still want SUV/SAV/Crossover type vehicles.

Where's the X4 going to be produced? I'm assuming X3X5/X6 will be at Spartanburg still?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0