Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
Mine is a 2016, built 9/2015, with 14k miles at this point. I bought it 9 months ago with 6k miles on the odometer. The following warranty work has been done on it since then:
- Valvetronic motor shaft replaced for the infamous ticking.
- Front left strut and right mount replaced to address creaking at tight left turns.
- Front left thrust arm replaced to address clunking.
- In an attempt to address creaking at tight right turns they replaced the front brake rotors and pads, but it ended up an issue with the front right strut knuckle that needed to be cleaned and a bolt was replaced.
- A fuel pressure sensor was replaced after a drive train malfunction was reported on the dash.
- The seat M emblems were replaced for cracking.

The car is stock and has not been driven very hard. I have had 2 autocross and two track days with it. Given the state of the tires, I don't think the previous owner did much of that either.

With regards to the door and window creaks and the shadow trim, I tried Gummi Pflege and Krytox and in the end I concluded that it's a matter of keeping them clean and dry, particularly the shadow trim and the outer door seals.

No creaks and rattles at the moment and it's tight as a drum.

What color is your M? Is it a 6MT? Just curious because what you describe sounds like it could be my old car.

/// M3
Appreciate 0