View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #178
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Hmm, well the benefit of me going with the 18 square setup as opposed to my current wheels is to have a meaty tire and the ability to rotate my tires.

I'm finding that ever since I went to a 285/35/19 rear setup on my current set of wheels, I'm not having any issues managing the torque of my car. IS it possible to go with a 285 square 18inch setup? or even better, to get super meaty, a 285/40/18 square setup? If not, my current 19inch forged wheels are lighter than your 18s and I'd probably just keep my setup. I feel like going with 275/35/18 square will basically give me a smaller total wheel diameter setup than what I currently have.

Thoughts?

That's a good question. 285 is a bit aggressive and may require additional modifications to fit. The 19x10" ET25 is 2.7mm more aggressive in the rear than your current setup, and 3.4mm more aggressive in the front. so you'd need to make sure you have the clearance available. 285s will also increase the front spacer requirement with Damptronic coilovers.

Given the more aggressive offset, the taller sidewall of a 275/40-18 would only make fitment more difficult, which is why we recommend the 275/35-18 in this scenario.

The reduction in overall diameter is about 4.8% or 32.4mm. This will trade a reduced top speed in each gear for a noticeable bump in acceleration.

Ultimately it comes down to what your priorities are for the car. 285 square can be done, but it'll definitely take some work.

Hope this helps!

--Dylan