View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 01:27 PM   #10
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

Are you torquing them right after the session when the car is hot?
Thats a big no no. heat expands and contracts. Should only be torqued when cold. When you hear about ppl shearing the lugbolts at the track, its because they retorqued the bolts right after the session when the wheels are hot. They become overtorqued.

If its after the car is cooled down, i agree with trying a different torque wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
I went for a few track days last year. I re-torqued each lug to 104 lb/ft before I went out for the 1st lap in the morning. For some reason unknown to myself, many of my stock wheel lugs came loose after each 20-mins session (loose in the sense that the lug could be very loose that I'd need to tighten it by having a few complete turns, or could just be a little bit loose where a 1/4 turn was sufficient).

I would have to re-torque each lug to 104 lb/ft. The lug might come loose again after the next 20 mins session, and I just re-torqued it again. After a few sessions, the lugs might not come loose again in most cases.

BTW, this same issue happened to me whether I was running stock 666 rims with stock lugs or vorsteiner rims with stock lugs. and it happened to all 4 corners. My car is 18" ZCP with CCB.

Has anyone experienced this as well? What's your solution? Or am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Bon F80127.00