ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So if Autoweek is to believed we'll see the car this October in Paris:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...NEWS/140209983

They are also claiming that there will indeed be four variants: sedan, estate, coupe, cabriolet. I believe that would be a segment first, with Audi, BMW, and Mercedes each having three out of the four before, but never all four.
Yep that's correct.

I posted the article, along with a few interesting highlights, here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=942830

"Further details remain scarce, but AMG insiders suggest the M117 may support an output between 450 and 600 hp. Since the outgoing C63 AMG's naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8 is already good for 451 hp, its replacement is expected to up the ante to somewhere in the region of 480 hp. Forced induction, present in the C-class based performance sedan for the very first time, should also help extend its torque reserves beyond the 443 lb-ft of its predecessor."

Other interesting highlights:

"The adoption of a new aluminum-intensive platform structure and an predominately aluminum body shell ensures the increase in size will not have a big effect on curb weight, with Mercedes-Benz claiming savings in the region of 110 pounds, compared to the steel-bodied third-generation model."

"The new C63 AMG eschews the air suspension that is being made available as an option on various new C-class models for the first time, receiving a heavily reworked version of its more conventional steel-sprung arrangement with unique track widths, firmer springs and dampers, altered elastokinematics and a lowered ride height."

"We got a preview of the look on standard versions of the C-class fitted with the optional AMG optic package. But the C63 AMG will go further, featuring a heavily structured front fascia with sizeable air ducts to provide more efficient engine bay cooling, AMG's latest blade grille treatment, reworked hood, heavily flared front fenders, wider sills and a deeper rear bumper that houses trapezoidal chromed tailpipes."
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0