View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #215
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Imagine that, a guy who's owned three generations of 3 series BMW's looking into the next 3/4 series. Epic observation.

BOSS, it still doesn't make the M5 go away. No doubt the GC has done much better, but they still released the M5 with the vibrating steering wheel.
The M5 is generally considered the top //M, and they released it with crapppy steering. You can even get discounts on them in the US now because they're just not selling. That higher end buyer reads all the mags and want's the one that wins all the compares.
I don't know anything about the steering and this and that about the M5, but what he said there is actually true. I have had 3 new jersey dealerships trying to sell me M5s every time I queried about ordering the new M3, one was as much as $18,000 off MSRP, simply because the cars have been sitting their lots for a very long time. These guys were bending over backwards, calling me several times over the course of many weeks and I could tell from their persistence they were having a hard time selling the cars. At the time my current lease was 5 months or so close to ending and one guy offered me buying out my car and taking care of those 5 lease payments. I obviously didn't go for it because it's not my type of car, but I believe prices speak for themselves. M5s don't sell too well these days and I hardly see one on the road.
Appreciate 0