View Single Post
      05-31-2014, 09:37 PM   #194
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy
The two things I don't like about the Cayman are the excessively noisy cabin (the tire noise is particularly annoying), and the low ground clearance (99mm with PASM vs 121mm on the M4).
I find the cabin noise to be quite nice. There is cabin noise though (It's a Porsche and a sports car). I chose not to get the Sports suspension on my Cayman S due to ground clearance. It definitely sits too low for California roads. If the roads were better made I would get the lower sitting Cayman S but this is not the UAE or Japan with circuit like roads that are paved nice,flat and smoothly. I drove them both back to back before buying my Cayman S. I liked the handling on the Cayman S with the lower Sports suspension more but I really would be bottoming out and scraping the bottom and front end a lot more often with that lower sports suspension. Due to California's poorly built roads,freeways and highways I found the regular Cayman S with 19" wheels to be better only because it is more suitable for our California streets,roads,freeways and highways.
Appreciate 0