View Single Post
      08-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
zuschnell
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,

I have a 2011 e90 m3 and I love my car. I just recently started tracking it and am truly appreciating this engine and balance in a way I could not do with my previous wrx sti. What I find amazing about the e9x m3 is how reliably the s65 puts power down, never upsetting the balance of the car. Do I wish the car weighed 400lbs less? Ofcourse! But, BMW has done an amazing job hiding the car's weight when it is being pushed.

I voted that I like the f8x m3/4 so far because I like it aesthetically. Plus, Scott26 has assured us the weight will be down. I will take him for his word as he typically gives pretty accurate info. I'm worred about the FI engine as I'm worried that power delivery will not be as flat as it is from the s65, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens when people actually get to drive and review this car. For now, I'm choosing to trust BMW to do the right thing with the m3 because this is truly their halo car. It's strange for a middle price range car to be a halo car, but this is the car that really put BMW on the map and keeps it relavant.

At the end of the day, there just aren't that many cars that you can drive an hour to the track, race, drive an hour back home, strap the kids' car seats back in, and then go out for a family dinner in comfort. If I wanted the pure track car, this isn't what I'd buy. All the criticism is a little premature in my opinion, but I understand the concerns because I share them. I think we will be pleasantly surprised that BMW still knows how to build good M cars all the while conforming to all the newer government regulations.

Thanks for posting this poll Swamp! I always appreciate reading your comments/opinions.

Current: ?13 e92 m3 ESS 585, 22 f95 x5m Comp, Track - '18 manual 991.2 GT3, Wife's family truckster - '20 Volvo XC90 T8
Appreciate 0