02-19-2022, 01:06 PM   #35
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseH234 View Post
Hey heitzke

Me again. You won't believe this, but my car is now doing the exact same thing.
I'm starting to reaaally regret getting into the F80 modding scene, LMAO. I've had nothing but nightmares since November. (But some great experiences ripping this car, when it decides to not try and light my wallet on fire).

So an entirely new CHRA in one of your turbos was the fix?
JesseH234 100% exactly what mine looked like. Here's the worst that mine got and this was right before I was able to take it into the shop:

Whole new CHRA was my fix but not sure what the actually problem was. The shop I work with has a really good relationship with Pure so I think they were able to expedite it a bit and they skipped the diagnostic process to just replace the whole CHRA. No smoking at all anymore, but definitely hurt my trust in the process a bit.

At this point I feel like i'm in the exact same boat lol. I have the Dorch kit and EU5's sitting around for a while longer, but I think that's end of the road for me on this platform. The Pures are fun, but sometimes I wish I had just done some fueling, pushed the stock turbos to the limit and left it there. I may feel different after not being so close to the fuel limits on my current setup but we'll see.