View Single Post
      08-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #8
Zippee
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CP SMB

This is the major issue with these wheels coming up for sale. I have just had mine removed from my car and was explicit to the dealership to ensure they removed all the harnesses and module. Left the car with them for a whole day and when I picked it up, they had only removed the wheel. I asked them where the rest of the instal was and they tried to fob me off by saying there wasn't any. I have the official BMW installation documentation so know for a fact there was. I suggested to the dealer that if he was so sure there wasn't any further wiring, he should write me a BMW headed letter stating the fact so when I come to sell the wheel on, the buyer would know. He stuttered at that, dug a bit deeper in his research and booked my car back in to remove the full wiring harness.

I believe this is the problem with these wheels being sold second hand. The dealers dont even know what to remove so just take the wheel off. This means the wheel is just a very expensive 'normal' wheel without all the functionality that the display wheel should have.
Appreciate 1
The_Werm214.00