01-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #2227
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
It is not about laziness if you are using it as a DD - the CA option is really nice (I do use it all the time to open my trunk leaving work with my hands full). And get this, I use CA at least twice per day! But I don't change my seat position very often. So kill the power seats (including the one on the passenger side if it has it) - that will lower the seat height and save a LOT more weight. Oh but one last thing - I bet most people don't realize they don't have CA until they get home with the new car - but power seats? Yea, they would notice that - so maybe this is all a ploy by BMW marketing

It still makes me laugh that you could get that car with the Exec package, the Power Rear Sunshade, the Adaptive LED Lights, the Heads Up Display... but nooo, noo comfort access. BMW is funny sometimes...
Well, in BMW's defense, they could very much be taking a page out of Porsche. Porsche's GT cars have no CA and no memory seat (even the 18-way) then most of them have manual door pulls for weight reasons. Though, the way BMW has done it is kind of half assed, putting this in but not completely remove everything to save weight.