View Single Post
      02-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
hworang00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW F80 M3

Unhappy I知 an idiot...

I know will be slammed for this...but...

I was doing some work on my car and thought it would be a good time to update my tunes on the transmission and engine. I flashed the transmission to the BM3 CS tune without reading the instructions well (I have a 2015 M3 and the CS tune is for 2018+), and the next day drove for a few minutes and BOOM, transmission malfunction...whatever I値l flash it when I stop...go to flash...failure...tried it again and failure...at this point I should致e stopped and gotten a tender because my daily commute is short. Then the car started throwing all sorts of faults...transmission, EDC, pedestrian, etc. Now it looks like I basically killed my $1200 battery and when I have it towed to BMW they will tell me I need a new DME and ECU...I hate myself so much right now. I know I知 an idiot for not reading the instructions carefully...I just had to vent to some people who might致e made the same mistake or can sympathize. I also know I値l get a lot of people who will flame me for it...but

Please learn from my experiences. I致e flashed many times before and didn稚 think much of it...but put a tender on your car while you flash and read the small print...it値l save you a lot of headache.

EDIT: spelling errors
Appreciate 1
icegrill2078.00