View Single Post
      01-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
altjx
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

No longer hearing turbos in my new M4 CS

Hey guys. New here to the forum and to the BMW world. I came from a '17 GT350 and absolutely enjoyed the sound, and one of the things that I loved the most about the M4 CS considering the lack of v8 is the sound of the turbos.

I just finished going through the service break-in period yesterday (dealership did it at 850 miles while they were replacing a broken hose under warranty) and this morning I drove the car and was a little surprised. I no longer heard the "woosh" that I heard initially under heavy throttle. So now it just sounds like any other car from the inside.

Is there anything that the dealership does during the service break in period that affects the sound by chance? From what I understand, the service break in period is just simply flushing out fluids and some say "a little more power".

I did a little bit of research and learned about active sound design (ASD), but I don't know if this is something that is even in the M4 CS and, if so, if it was just maybe disabled during the break-in period. I also don't think I can hear it much with the windows down either.

Any thoughts would greatly appreciated! I'd love to hear this sound a LOT more, even more than when I bought it... without having warranty issues of course.
Appreciate 0