View Single Post
      01-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #70
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Thank god I found your post OP, you are our goddess hero lol... the stupid rattle somewhere around my dashboard is driving me NUTZ!!! everytime i drive by the bumppy road it makes noise somewhere around the center of the console / cup holder area. dang!

i came off from a e92, never experience any rattle noise from my ride before; which somehow makes me miss my old baby

its my 1st time to dig out the dashboard myself and not 100% confident about my skills, would you kindly elaborate a little bit further on the bold lines below

1. Pull out A/C CF trim
This piece comes out easily without using any pry bar.
Just follow first 25 seconds from this video to take out the trim.
Make sure your car is off before pulling this out as you have to disconnect 2 connectors. is it just pull it hard then the 2 connectors will detach? i m worried i will rip-it-off lol

2. Pull out AC vent from CF trim
This piece is actually quite hard to take out.

Contact points that are holding AC vent is somewhat fragile and can break if you apply too much force.
If you are not confident in your skill, you can skip this and go to step 4.

i strongly believe thats noise coming from, as the CF trim is banging against the back panel frame... as well as those little metal screw knobs. as well as the edge of the trim (right beside the passenger window), the little metal screw is making noises as well.

anyway, so how do you take out the CF trim apart from the back panel? any specific area needs to pay attention, as u said it is fragile and easy to break.

P.S.: looking forward for your updated / revised post in regards to the easy fix on the door panel tho thanks in advance
Appreciate 0