01-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #74
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
Sorry about the late response. I don't check forum as much as before.

For those 2 connectors, each one of them has one side which you have to push down little plastic thing to release it. You need to pull out this thing while pushing those down. No need to apply much force when pulling out.

To take out the AC duct from CF trim, start working from the side shown in the picture below. I inserted small pry bar to create some gap to lift off duct trim from base CF trim (circled in green). Work first from far left or right most one. First one is hardest, but once one of them comes off, rest should be easy (total 6 on this side).
Installing back is as easy as just pushing this thing back to base.
OP, deeply appreciated for your kind response. i can tell you now drive happily with ur rocket (without all these fu*kin rattle noises), so u dont get on the forum as frequent as before

i've scheduled an appointment with my dealer on this coming monday for my break-in service, i gotta try luck to see if they can fix it for me first. (altho i have a sense that 90% they will prob say they can't hear shit at all except the engine lol , as mentioned by other member earlier lol)

if they can't fix it then i will take the CF dash off again next week and will keep u updated.

by the way, i found that it rattles more significantly during the cold start (let say when i drive it out from my garage to work, talking about -15 degrees celsius plus windchill [feels like -20] right now in toronto) (approx. 5 fahrenheit) . do you feel the same OP?

thanks OP.
Appreciate 0