View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #87
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlong View Post
There are enthusiasts I personally know who have personally spent above $100k on their personal F8x with one of the main objective being to hit 9 seconds. 1/4. Not including a few performance shops and amateurs who have already made it into the high 9 seconds 1/4 mile on this motor and chassis.

Coming from a VW/Audi background, and would assume BMW community would do something similar. I'm surprised less have tried using an older & lighter chassis with an S55 swapped. I know those cars and builds do exist (PBMW magazine) but I don't believe I recall they addressed the performance side in depth just yet.

Nevertheless, I guess it all goes back to the "intensity" of aftermarket support along with the level of "investment" enthusiast owners are willing to commit to. Something that both GTRs and Supra's receive a very healthy dosage of across all generations.

Being local here to Chicago, where AMS Performance resides, I already see the differences in market segmentation between the R35 platform versus F8x.
Well said buddy. There is always going to be way bigger aftermarket for the Japanese cars. AMS was definitely the Pioneer for the Gtr. I have a few of there parts on my GTR
Appreciate 1
tomlong617.00