CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sham4 View Post
That's my point, it's not whether you need CCB, it's that the car is as good as it can be for being driven at its peak performance and not be compromised.

Plus they look awesome

PS, appols....carbon-fiber composite driveshaft!
I am not sure I get your point.

While the engine power certainly isn't necessary for the street, there are plenty of opportunities where all 431 ponies CAN be used on the street.

However, regarding brakes, one will more than likely never reach the limit of the iron brakes on the street, the CCBs therefore don't offer any braking performance advantage. Hence there is no "peak performance being compromised" .

Like I said, there are plenty of other good reasons to get the CCB, improved looks, reduced brake dust, extended durability (with street use), different pedal feel, convenience of not having to swap pads for track use to state a few; and I can certainly understand why some folks choose to go with the CCB.

However, your OP sounded a bit dismissive and condescending towards those that opted out of the CCB. There are also plenty of good reasons to stick with the good old irons .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-14-2015 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0