View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #29
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

The Audison DMI is a rebranded mObridge DA1. Any Audison dealer will sell you one.

All volume levels -music, Nav, PDC, Bluetooth- are still adjustable via iDrive with the DMI/DA1. Understand that the conversion is stereo so there will be no discrete PDC sound -no front and back, side to side- or any multichannel decoding. Your DSP will determine how great the sound will be.

For sure, any aftermarket DSP with amps will sound much clearer, deeper, louder and just better than any BMW OEM system, even with OEM speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fackamato View Post
I've tried emailing mObridge, haven't seen a reply to any of my queries.

I'm not looking for any "proof". For example, looking at the newer Helix SDMI25 product, they state in their manual that you have to change a DIP switch on the unit itself (hard to do when it's installed) if you want to change the PDC volume. The mObridge manual doesn't cover how this works on their platform (can I change it in the head unit, like stock? If so, that's a huge plus over the Helix).

Also, looks like these units (MOST adapters) are not sold to individuals, only installers. That's a bit unfortunate for us enthusiasts but it makes sense.
Appreciate 0