02-07-2022, 01:54 AM   #5
Westersund
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Cool design, similar to the GT3RS... have you been able to test airflow vs a bumper/splitter mounted duct?

Also, what is your 3D printing hardware setup? I've been tempted to pick one up with all of the ghetto fabrication of parts that I do for my track cars.

Really want to create some custom shaped NACA ducts + aero bits.
Thanks! Yes it's a bit of GT3RS combined with more traditional directed airflow to the hub of the brake disc. A front bumper duct will always flow more than a control arm setup, however... If your front bumper is filled with coolers and other stuff that restricts air flow but most importantly it's impossible to fit a duct. And to that you can add different kinds of engines and it's a nightmare (Mainly M2 N55/S55 in this case). But if possible I always prefer to make a front bumper duct.

Between my brother and myself we have 5 3D-printers and he's the one runing them and I do the rest (R&D, design etc). I do know we have a Raptor, Creality, Prusa, Zortrax M300 and I can't remember the name of the last.

3D-printing is very versatile and I got started with all this because I needed brake cooling ducts for my BMW Z3 Coupe, there's nothing to buy so I had to make my own.