View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #82
Bonovox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I have a deposit on an M4 but recently test drove the ghibli Q4s. Now that the bmw dealer has made a great lease offer on a loaded M5 (sapphire w orange -- live it) I've got a tough decision to make!!

I'm not going to run through all the pros and cons--cars speak to people's needs in different ways. The M5 is definitely the better car than maser. It's a huge improvement over the f10 with smg. But I wouldn't completely dismiss it unless you've driven one. The sound is unbelievable--every head snaps around to look! But the car can also be driven pianissimo, like on date night. The maser is a 4 door coupe, so that's why it takes some getting used to the look. It's between the m3 and m5 size wise, but the weight is right up there with m5. With the sport suspension and 19 inch tires it handles very well, but not in m5's league, and def not in m3/4 league. Maser really gets the color combos right. The interiors are a bit <. The colors are great, but the materials aren't up to m5. Clearly they borrowed Chrysler parts. But that might be okay. Bottom line, the sound and style is intoxicating. But will it work. Had my f10 3 years and I had to take it to shop once other than scheduled maintenance. Awd a good thing here in Boston tho, but this is not a Quattro. Lots more soul than an audi that's for sure.
Appreciate 0