View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

Jb4/e85 questions

So I pulled the trigger and so far got the bms intakes, jb4, and downpipes on the way. I’ve got a few questions for those that have used the jb4 regarding e85 use. First, with ONLY those mentioned mods, can I run an e85 mix safely on one of the “stock” maps and see gains from it? IE; map 2? Or do I need to take it to a shop and have a custom map done to see gains from mixing e85 with regular pump gas? Next question is, is running an e85 blend with pump gas bad for your fuel system/pump/engine without any other modifications? Wiill long term use that way cause any issues or premature wear? I’ve seen a lot of people say they run a fuel blend but most of them are either running a custom map or have modified fuel systems. Finally, if it’s safe/worth trying, what’s the maximum blend I can safely use of e85/unleaded 93 with jb4 without causing issues?

Basically I’m not looking to make this a full blown track car, it’s still my daily driver, but there’s a few e85 stations close to where I live (northern Ohio area) so running an e85 blend has been a question I’ve had for a while. Thanks as always!
Appreciate 0