View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 01:50 AM   #7
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

The car is obviously worth around $80k give or take. I think this is a classic example where OP probably could've put 15k miles on the car it would probably still be worth around the same. What's nuts is the sticker is for $116,075.....he has it listed for $4k more than MSRP. Either he was a complete sucker and paid above sticker, or in his deluded state of mind he thinks the car has appreciated $4k.

The harsh reality is $116,075 - $80,000= $36,075
$36,075/50miles driven = $721 per mile is his true cost.

Best case scenario: this car is worth a lot several decades down the road

Not sure why, but the owner seems to treat this car like a McLaren F1 or a Ferrari F50

If I were in the owner's shoes, I'd probably put 15k miles or so on the car, as marginally depreciation at this point for 15k miles and another year down the road is going to be pretty insignificant compared to what he's paid so far.

Guys at BMW Corporate/Dealers are probably laughing at him. I would somewhat understand if it was an M4 GTS. Even those are readily available at a steep discount now.

The owner states that he's selling while the mileage is low to "preserve" value & that he went with a Porsche GT car.

#1- Why buy a Porsche GT car if you're not going to drive it
#2- I'd guess someone buying a $116K car would have a pretty decent idea on how depreciation works. Clearly he doesn't.

I wish he posted his number. I'd call to ask him to account for the 50 miles on the odo since he stated that he can account for each mile from 13-50.

Just baffled how this guy has zero idea on the market for these things. I mean one can find an M4 CS for 20% off MSRP with relative ease. How can he be so out of touch with the market. Either that or this is a feeler post. Sad thing is its such a gorgeous spec.
I'm going to keep tabs on this VIN and see what ultimately happens. I want to see if OP gets in touch with reality, or he just decides not to sell. I don't see why anyone would pay him 120k.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 1
mrahp2383.50