12-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #392
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
Thank you for that write up... i'm sure it took a lot of time to create and for people unfamiliar with Fords I'm sure it was very appreciated.

But with all due Respect.... this is a Ford Fusion that came out a year or so ago, designed at least 2 years ago. I dont know if its fair to judge the new Mustang which is geared specifically towards the european market, its clear they're trying to take it upscale a bit, and from a driving stand point I'm not sure the two cars will even share any components?

That all said, they could fail, it could be same lack of quality feel... but I just dont know if we know anything really since its an all new model with a new resolve. I certainly wouldn't judge it based on past mustangs. Though I can see SOME merit to your comparisons with the Fusion since they are both pretty new and aimed towards a global market.
I've got no expectation that the Mustang will fail. I'm sure they will sell every one they build for many years, and I do expect it to be an excellent car. The point I'm making in the comparison is that a strong engine and attractive visual design are only part of a car's appeal.

True, we don't know anything about the 2015 Mustang except that it will probably cost about as much as the current model, give or take. Therefore, I expect the same compromises will be made in the build. They might make no difference at all for many people.