Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
1) can you document the bold? haven't heard this
I'll look around for it a bit. I don't have it at the ready.

Quote:
2) how often do you track your car?
About 6k miles of my 20k on the car.

Quote:
the m3 felt gutless coming out of corners
Too high of a gear / too late onto the power?

Quote:
while the 1m and 997tt felt like a beast. I track for fun, so I enjoyed the torque and rich powerband. just my opinion.
Re:fun - me too.

Quote:
4) its pointless to listen to you talk about the characteristics of a car / engine that you haven't even driven. You have no idea what the s55 feels like, so I don't get why you feel the need to make strong assertions without any experience to back it up.
Interesting perspective. I've learned about many things I didn't/couldn't touch.

Quote:
I also think that saying you could plug in any turbo or diesel engine into the m3 and have it feel the same. this is highly exaggerated and completely false. looking at dyno curves of different turbo engines compared to the s55 would make this painfully obvious.
What's painfully obvious is that throttle response, revs, uniqueness and sound quality are greatly diminished in the new version. If those things don't matter as much as torque and tuneability, then you'll like the new one better. To the extent they matter to you, they'll diminish your fondness for the new one.

Quote:
5) every single dyno I have seen except the motortrend dyno (which was run in 4wd mode with no fans blowing into the radiator) shows the power holding, and in many cases slowly building to redline. They are all over the forum and not hard to find.
Could be. I Googled and that was a top result and the first one I clicked.

Quote:
6) its a waste of time to argue personal preferences with people, specifically ones who haven't even driven the car,
How many low revving, fake sound cars do I need to drive to know I like high revs and racy sounds?

Quote:
yet are making declarative statements about the driving experience.
Again, I'm capable of learning through study. Plus I agree the new one is faster.

I'll also apply the sniff test: if the lag didn't suck, there wouldn't be an anti lag mode., and if the sound was great, there wouldn't be fake sound added.
Appreciate 0