View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #67
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackey View Post
In general, twin tube shocks will ride better, but not have the performance of a monotube design. Monotubes have a larger piston area and in general are considered higher performance. Most higher end systems are monotube.

For what you are after if it were me I'd go TCK. I had a set (I replaced them with Ohlins because I'm a track rat) but they ride great, can be lowered, and will last a good long time. The base shock is a Koni and they have a lifetime warranty if I remember right. I've seen a fair number of V3 shocks that are blown out and in need of rebuild with not a lot of mileage on them.

How long did your Clubsports last?
If twin tube, TC Kline Koni based coilovers is one of the best if not the best out there. Very rarely you will experience any issues and reliability is better than other twin tubes out there. Performance and ride quality is also second to none. TC takes time developing his kits and everything is custom valved to his specs. The precision in damping far exceeds the V-series.

Yes, the lifetime warranty applies to vehicles registered for street use.
Appreciate 0