View Single Post
      09-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #115
gymtime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I love people who call it "fake", as others have pointed out thats like saying when you listen to music that isn't live then that is FAKE music...

The sounds (recorded or actual) are from that engine, not "fake". If they are indeed amped in from your actual engine, how is that fake? Those are very real engine sounds

If you simply don't want the engine sounds in your cabin that is a different argument, but to say they aren't real sounds is simply not true.
Technically it is fake. It's amplifying the engine noise and playing it through the cars speakers. It's not real or raw. But still better than a pre-recorded sound file like the M5 if this is indeed using a microphone.

The idea does seem ridiculous. I'm sure everyone would be laughing if some ricer hooked up a microphone in their engine bay and connected it to the speakers to make the car seem louder than it actually is. But I can see how it can be appealing if you want to hear the engine better when driving with the windows up

And it's probably something that everyone is going to have to get used to since engines will continue to get quieter, along with sound deadening, and government regulations
Appreciate 0