United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 - 14 M5

Garage List
2014 F10 M5  [0.00]
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
I know it's hard to believe, especially based on the readership of this forum, but the great majority of M3/M4 buyers aren't interested in tinkering/modding the factory stock setup. Most don't have the knowledge, time, or desire, and think it's kind of a waste of money anyway.

For many, the ZCP-Competition Package is sort of a way to "mod" your car by having the BMW factory do it for you!
I totally agree and I as well like to keep my car under warranty so I tend to stay away from Piggybacks and etc. However if you got suspension parts, wheels, exhaust, or any other aftermarket part that doesn't effect your warranty, your only 15hp (In the M5/M6 case) behind the CP vehicles. 15 HP is minuscule in the grand scheme of things, I believe that if I had a 1/4 tank of gas and you have 15hp more and a full tank of gas, I would beat you. It's not enough to really feel or see the difference, I believe that in the M5 it was about a .1 second difference. In a stop light drag race, its not going to matter who has the 15 more hp it's whoever reacts quicker, and on the track, whoever is the better driver. Like I said IMO its not worth it but with that being said to each his own.
Appreciate 1