View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #12
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
lol, night terrors and cold sweats. Thought I was the only one to have been through it.

Believe you mentioned BK in another thread, thanks. Looked up their mounts, saw the lap belt clip in points and nearly fell out of my damn chair. Immediately realized it's what was missing as I struggled to make other components work together for countless hours.

Should have mentioned they have the OE slider option. Can you squeeze in the 3 pt buckle in close to the proper position or have you run it like I did?
I think we don't hear about seat mounting so often because shops usually do it. I guess shops who have done these installs know what works and what doesn't.

Unfortunately my 3pt is set up the same as yours. If the buckle were a little longer I could route it properly.
I guess the options are these:
-Run the 3pt out of the way like we have it
-Run the flabby 3pt and then run it properly, but then you lose the pyrotechnic setup
-Run a seat that accepts the oem 3pt, like the Cobra Nogaro

The thing is I run the Sparco Ergo which has removable halos. For me it's the perfect seat for a mixed duty car even if the 3pt is routed incorrectly.
I don't have a cage or a half cage in my car but won't compromise with the halo seat.
Apparently the Cobra Nogaro is made in a way that accepts the regular
Appreciate 2
FormulaMMM3662.50
Gomeler500.00