FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebully View Post
were was this post two weeks ago.

I am in the middle of putting this together for my GTS as well. Number one issue is I am 6'5''.

Running Profi XL. Mounted on Recaro pole position side brackets. I was told using these side brackets help achieve centering the Profi best to the steering wheel. Waiting for Mach Schnell floor mounts and sub mount to arrive with the the universal bracket for 6pt.

My biggest concern is not being low enough.

What was the main issue you with macht Schnell?

Also what did you guys use for coding the airbag light?

Appreciate any info. I was surprised how little most shop knew in regards to setting up the F8x with seats.
Is your intention to run 6 pt? If yes --

You're probably tall enough to run the Brey Krause direct to floor mounts, without the floor mounts underneath as I installed. Then you'd install their anti-sub bracket along with. Without a doubt it's the solution that will get you lowest in the car.

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9283_for_La...s_p/r-9283.htm

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9258_Sub_St...m_p/r-9258.htm

But like I said, the BK direct to floor mounts that I received didn't quite align with the bolt holes. If I installed the rear bolt, the edge of the slot up front would impede the bolt. To resolve, maybe you could machine out a small chunk and be ok. I didn't get that far because I concluded that I was too low without the floor mounts anyways.

Here was the issue, just that far off.

The side mounts don't really determine centering... it's your ability to get as close as possible to the tunnel. The BK mounts allow this better than any other solution I've come across for the reasons stated in the post above. And the side mounts you have don't have clips for the lap belts.

Coding -- I just finished a 2nd session with MikeBenvo BPMSport. He addresses all warning lights. Threw in cancellation of the legal splash screen out of the goodness of his heart. Highly recommend.

But can't beat SYT_Shadow's offer.

Better a shop admit they're inexperienced than act like every issue you run into is a first.

Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11488.50
Gomeler500.00
BPMSport3386.50