View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 05:37 AM   #1
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Talking OEM "Born in M Town" Euro License Plate Frame

This may be of interest to those who live in Europe or run European-style plates overseas.

So I'm a bit crazy in the head, alright.

Unlike in North America, BMW here in Europe does not sell any original license plate frames.
Usually, dealers install their own branded frames and I really don't want to be a rolling advert for any dealership.

Thus, for many months, I've been on the hunt for this old license plate frame from BMW M GmbH that only a handful of people in Germany seem to have got ahold of. No luck, as is tradition for me.

Then started seeing some new BMW plate frames during the whole Born in M Town marketing campaign on social media so I contacted BMW M but unfortunately, they said they're not available for sale.

And this last December, I was just about to slide into the DMs of M GmbH CEO, Markus Flasch, and beg for the fucking plate frame (did I say I'm weird? ) when I found out that the corporate Munich dealership has them on their eBay site!

Well, I bought it right away. Was even despatched from Garching where M GmbH has their HQ! And so here it is on the car. Nice quality piece, though I kinda wish it was painted gloss black to give it some extra flavour.

I don't have the rear M3 trunk badge so this probably added back 5 hp and a couple overrun burbles.

Here is the link. Only caveat is that they don't ship outside of Germany but probably could do so upon request.

SherM4n630.00