View Single Post
      05-03-2023, 02:12 AM   #32
jonf49
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Executive summary: if your F8x leather is ok, the only advantage I saw with Leatherique 2-step process is the time you're spending caressing your leather seats and soft/matte leather

I have 50K Kms (31k mi) on my 5yr old M4 SO interior and have regularly cleaned the leather with LeatherMaster cleaner/conditioner, then with BMW leather cleaner kit, and finally now I decided to give Leatherique a try. I have the usual wear/creases on the bolster, the front seats (mostly used) have some signs of "shine" that is gone when cleaned with any above cleaners.

I've applied the oil on the front seats, let it sit for ~24 hrs with windows/windshield blocked in outside sunny hot day. The oil did not get absorbed as much as I thought it should. The company said that I previously used products that contains silicons that may impede the oil from penetrating but I doubt either LM or BMW uses silicons ? After cleaning the surface with Pristine clean, i was left with a soft (but not way softer) and mat surface.

Overall, easy process with acceptable results no better or worse than other quality products. Will i buy it again, no. Will I try another product, yes. After going through this experience, I believe that at least for my car leather condition, Leatherique was overkill and did not provide any major benefits.

First two pics with oil on, then after it was cleaned. I've started the process for the rear seats and interestingly the oil penetrated more on the rear seats, u go figure ! I applied the oil by hand on the front seats and using a pad for the rear seats, so that [...]
Did you intentionally get the scrub ninja applicator pad as opposed to using the brush that came with my leatherique kit? Is it supposed to be more gentle than the brush?

Just want some opinions about the scrub ninja vs brushes!

Thanks
Appreciate 0