11-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minator
Its that a great car company would stoop to this level to make peeps happy...what if your girlfriend had to amplifiy her squeels to make you happy? would it make you feel like more of a man...or you do you prefer the ACTUALL groans she makes at the level she intends you to hear?

I would just prefer the ACTUALL cabin noise. You know for years M cars have had so so brakes because BMW knew that drivers would purchase BBK for the track...So why give use this amplified sound knowing most enthusiasts will purchase aftermarket exhaust...Ill tell you why..its because M stands for marketing NOT motorpsorts anymore.

Sorry if I offended any female board members..
M doesn't stand for marketing, it stands for money. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

As I've owned more cars in my life, and driven countless loaners and rental cars, I've realized how important cabin isolation is to me. I want a solid, rattle free cabin with muted road noise and NO suspension or mechanical sounds. When I want my car loud, I'll hit the gas. So if I buy an M, I'm glad it can give me both.
Appreciate 0