Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducfan View Post
I would also like BSM on SO even though black is a pretty common color....it's opposite of my current white. And since I can't get the CF roof anyway because I need roof rack....no loss of contrast as with other colors. Do you think SO or AY is louder?
ahhh the roof rack, good point. humm that's tough. To me, SO is really hard to judge. I wish I had been able to see it in person as I think some others here have. I've been going back and forth between the photo threads in another tab for days.

In the "Official SO Thread" - that first picture, I think it looks fantastic. When I saw that, I nearly sent off an email to switch the order over. But then I kept looking and saw the variations. In a lot of the pictures, that color looks absolutely unbeatable to me - drop dead amazing. In some of them though, it looks like the lighting hits it a little too orange, so I lose my nerve a bit. I seem to remember a pic (I think of the concept at pebble beach?) that was a deep red... I don't know if that was ever confirmed to actually be SO, or if that is some color option as of yet unavailable... but man, it was solid.

AY though, as many say and I echo, it's growing on me a lot. It definitely feels like it's the iconic color at this point, something people will see and recognize right away. Good or bad recognition, well, everyone is going to have their own opinions. For me though, the AY loses something without the CF. That's just me though.

No perfect answer with any of these... as I now go back through the photo threads for the millionth time haha.
Appreciate 0